Dating with a two year old at home

So I am a single mom, obviously. I have not dated since my son was born and now I have just met someon, thanks Jen. So how the hell do you start, like I always thought I would keep him away from my son for like 3 months or more until I felt it was going to work out, but now it just seems like who the hell knows if it will work out even after three months and shit I want to see this guy and like be kissed, hell its been a long long time. So tell me laides, what is the right and wrong things to be doing? I'm not a kid, I am 45 years old, and wasn't really involved with my sons dad so not like I have that to worry about, just so unsure how to start this relationship, we seem to be wicked compatible, have similar values, morals, etc. He is divorced, with an 8 yr old son. As it is I don't have much time since I do work full time and hate to be away from my son. So tell me your thoughts, please!!!!

mydreamowen

Asked by mydreamowen at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Hi mydreamowen. I think alot of single moms can relate to this. I went through this phase and what I did was wait until they were in bed and asleep. If I knew I would have company I would put them to bed a little early to give me time to get ready for my date. When youre a single mom its hard to date when either you have to always get sitters (which is double hard of you want to stay out late) or have to pay sitters. Most times I just stayed home for a date, ordered out and so on and so on lol and would get someone to watch them every now and then so I could go out.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 10:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• do what makes you happy. your 2yr doesn't even know what's going on if u don't havethe drama going on from his dad you are in the clear. congrats on going back into the dating world.
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Since he had a child too... the four of you go do something fun, as friends and see how it goes with the kids to know if it's even an option (I personally couldn't go further if they didn't get along with my kid/s or me with theirs).
    There's lots of things you can do together where the kids can play, you can talk to see if it's going anywhere
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009