can i do it?

My 9 month old eats cereal every night as a "bedtime snack" and it holds that tummy over till morning so middle of the night feedins dont exist. the past 2 nights we have been at my parents most of the evening because my dad just got out of the hospital. she didnt sleep well last night i think because she didnt get her snack and tonight she fell asleep in the car and i acant get her to wake up! can i put the cereal in her bottle because she can eat a bottle and sleep at the same time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure you can put cereal in a bottle. Why not? That is how my son ate his cereal when he was her age.
    Anonymous

• Putting cereal in a bottle is something many people do now a days.... i never have and I never will...
    Anonymous

• I know a lot of people will probably say no but I do it and my sons doctor says it's ok so I would thats just me though
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You can but really you shouldn't. I think that if she wakes then give her a bottle and put her back to bed otherwise wait and see if she sleeps through the night. Mine has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old and that was without cereal before bed. She as at the age where she should be able to do it. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• If there were a thick area of cereal that clogged the nipple, it causes the baby to have to suck harder and can cause problems
    Anonymous

• I would not want to run the risk of her choking with the cereal in the formula. Give her the bottle only and see what happens; she may surprise you by still sleeping through the night (then you won't have to give her a bedtime snack).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• whats wrong with just letting her sleep since she's already asleep?? If she was hungry she would wake up. YOu might have to wake up to feed her but is that a big deal?? I wake up probably 3 times a nite to feed mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yea you can. i use a cross cut nipple if i do that so the cereal fits through.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009