Vermont approves gay marriage.....who is next??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090408/ap_on_re_us/gay_marriage_vermont

Maybe Iowa, can't believe they beat New York City....so who is next??

Congrats to the gay couples in VT!!

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yay! i hope everybody else is next!!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• ditto.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Thumbs Up! Hopefully other states to follow!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• *claps* it's about time.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Urgh! hopefully no one.(state)
    Anonymous

• Just saw on the news Iowa just awarded their first lesbian marriage certificate. Boo....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That's terrible!!!!!
    Anonymous

• ya know to all the negative comments in here....I don't want the government playing match maker for me. 50 years ago it would have been illegal for me to have married my hubby of ten years, he could've been jailed or worse for even looking at me...now we have two beautiful kids , a nice house and are living our happily ever after........so I will be glad when EVERYONE has the same right that I do, to marry their soul mate, Good Luck and God bless to them!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• sweet-a-kins why would you hubby have been thrown in jail for looking at you? Just curious?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm so glad! I can't believe there are still people who think there should be laws saying who can marry who. If it was your love they were saying was illegal, I bet that would be a different story. If people are of a faith that says it is sinful, then the people of that faith can excommunicate or shun those who violate that belief, and can simply refrain from marrying someone of the same sex. If Jews decided that YHWH would be pleased if everyone in the US kept kosher, and it was made law that no one could eat pork or shellfish... I see this along the same lines. Religious beliefs can not and should not be made law, and should not be the motivating factor for any laws. The founding fathers were very, very clear on that point. If you don't like the constitution, you can leave the USA... don't try to rewrite it to fit your narrow view of humanity.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009