HAS ANYONE HAD A CHILD THAT HAD SEIZURES?

MY 2 MONTH OLD NEICE HAS BEEN ADMITTED FOR 2 REALLY BAD SEIZURES WITHIN THE LAST 24 HOURS.

AlianasMommy913

Asked by AlianasMommy913 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• My DH's cousin had one. He landed up having to give him CPR. That was 7 years and to this day he calls DH his hero. His cousin was 4 when it happend
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 11:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My oldest son starting having febrile seizures shortly after turning 1 year. It is hereditary on my side of the family (my mom, me, and my sisters). They only occurred with fever. Did your niece have a fever? Any problems with her delivery? Epilepsy run in your family? I am sure she was taken to the hospital so the Dr has probably already ordered an EEG, spinal tap, and CT scan. I just said a prayer for your neice. God Bless.
    giner8

Answer by giner8 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Two of my children have seizures: epilepsy. The oldest one, age 12 has had days where she's had almost 100 a day. The youngest one always loses consciousness and most of the time stops breathing and needs CPR. Sometimes it helps to keep a diary for a few days to go back and track if anything occurs preceding the seizures. My kids have some predictable triggers and many more that are not predictable. I wish you blessings and if you have more questions, feel free to PM me.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009