When was the last time your DH came home late and why?

Do you complain even if he has a good excuse?
How late is too late?
Do you get even?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmmm.....long long time ago....eight years, maybe? He went to see a movie after work and didn't tell me.

I called EVERYONE he knew, because at the time he was doing a long commute and I was scared something had happened to him. Then he finally called me.

Normally he's home long before me. And I always call home.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't remember the last time he came home late.
    Anonymous

• I do, I like to complain
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• my hubby went out drinking with some of his buddies, said he'd be home by 10. 10 rolled around... midnight rolled around... 2am rolled around, no sign of him, wasn't able to get ahold of him. i went to his friends house (yes, at 2am) and asked them if he was sleeping on their couch, and they said somebody took him home at midnight, and they couldn't believe he didn't come home. 4am rolled around, and he finally pulls up (well, someone was driving him) and he had apparently drank too much on an empty stomach and went to the hospital and said that his phone died. i was sooooooo angry. but i don't get even, especially since i don't drink at all
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• angryMy husband goes to bible study every Wednesday. Coincidentally he started going to these courses since the arrival of our second child. I'm so mad at him for this.

Anonymous

• llansky do you go out with your friends too?
    Anonymous

• The only reason mine is home late is because he is working. Am I crazy about it..no. The hardest part of any day for me is between 6-8 pm. There is no reason, and nothing to benefit from 'getting even'. Do I complain...when it boils over and he acts like he had the hardest day on the planet. I feel like screaming "you wanna know what happened at this house today!'..generally I don't. I know I'm fortunate to be married to a good man. His idea of having a drink is the rare occaision he pours less than 2 fingers of his good scotch and sips it over an hour.
    If mine did the go drinking drag your butt in at 4am without a call..oh yeah, I'd go through the roof. He would be hard pressed to get a decent word from me for days.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I can't remember the last time my hubby came home late. But now he won't be getting home until 11:30 or 12:00 at night because of school
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The last time my hubby was home late was cause the tire blew out on our van. He had a very good excuse. I was a little annoyed at him until he told me why he was late. I got over it. My hubby doesn't/can't do the drinking thing b/c he is diabetic and doesn't want to run the risk of not coming home at all. He knows if he did that and something happened to where he couldn't come home (i.e. had diabetic shock and died) I would kill him. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My husband is a waiter so his hours differ every night. he always lets me know approx. what time he'll be home and calls if he is going to be later. he rarely does anything with his friends and he always comes home when he says he will. he is a very trustworthy husband.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009