Is it possible to be pregnant and still have a period?

I had sex during my ovulation time. My period came one week early and has lasted for ten days. For the last 4 days I have been spotting with mild fant cramps. Is it possible that I could be pregnant, is it too early to do a home pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• u can do some tests as soon as five days before ur missed period so no not too soon. and usually its not an acutal period, but if u just got pregnant u could be cleaning out so to speak. but stress and other things can cause bleeding or spotting during pregnancy
    shanna01

Answer by shanna01 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• A period comes if you are not pregnant. You can have bleeding if you are pregnant but it is not a period. Call your doctor and have a test done! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I did with my 12 year old daughter for the first 2 months of my pregnancy.
    PeachyApple

Answer by PeachyApple at 2:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think when people say you can have a period and be pregnant they mean spotting, but not a normal period. I had tons of cramps during my first 2 months and thought I would have my period any minute now but only bled a little for a couple of days one time and that was that.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 3:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Thanks guys. I am now on day 13 and I am still bleeding with huge clots. Making a doctor's appointment on Monday is number on my priority list. I have NEVER had a period this long and I am kind of worried. Have a great weekend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thanks guys. I am now on 14th day of my period. I have NEVER had a period this onlw and I have NEVER had clots this big and thick. Scheduling a doctors appointment 1st thing Monday morning is on my priority list. HAVE GREAT WEEKEND!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2009