Gave away her kittens

My cat had 3 beautiful kittens, and I had to give them away. 5 cats is way too many!! They were 9 weeks old, and went to good homes. But now she is wandering around the house, meowing in complete dispair. As an animal lover(and a mom), my heart is broken! I know I did the right thing, but when will she get over this?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 11:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pets

• I've read that it takes two weeks for an animal to completley forget, but I don't think she will wonder around the house looking for them that long. Just be sure to love on her alot more than usual she's really gonna need it! Good luck!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 11:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i had two cats for 5 years one died a few years ago, they were sisters, the other still alive and healthy wouldn't eat alot and ran around the house doing the same thing for about a month. it took about another month for her to want to play again. like luvsgriffin said give her lots of attention pet her, give her treats that kind of thing because she is missing her family. she will get past it though!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009