Why do I feel ashamed of myself for sleeping with my babys daddy?

Im 7 weeks pregnant and we havent talked alot in 2 weeks and he just came over to tell me he did'nt want to be with me anymore then we ended up having sex because neither of us had had sex in a WHILE! And its always been with each other. after and during sex he told me he would never leave me again and he loved me so much but he is having a tough time in life right now because he hasnt been able to see his other son and his buisness is going under. I understand where he is coming from and with him being an expecting dad its just alot to handel. But, I feel ashamed of myself for giving in. I love him and I always will but should I really be getting my hopes up to get him back?(no anonymous answers please) Im really upset by this so if you dont have anything nice to say please dont say anything at all. I only want serious questions.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't feel guilty, it's the hormones, If your heart says to wait or stay with him do it, just make sure he's on that same page! You need to talk, to have a good relationship, I know I have a hard time talking to anyone, but you can do it, it's on how you feel
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm not understanding why you would feel guilty over having sex with him. Will you get him back? Only time will tell that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Honestly, I just think getting your hopes up isn't doing you any favors. Sex is somewhat comfortable and addicting. It sounds a little like you guys do care for each other but are somewhat co-dependent and that's not a healthy relationship. You feel ashamed because your instincts are telling you it's probably not the right thing for the long term. That said, if you can use his support until the baby arrives and after, then use his help.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Maybe just because you gave in.. and your feeling unsure if he's telling the truth or not... if you still feel like that the next time you see him maybe you should try to be strong.. as hard as it is when it's been a while.. you shouldn't feel bad after
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• First let me congratulate you in your pregnancy because a child is a gift regardless of the circumstances or our feelings about it. If you feel ashamed is because you are internalizing what he has done to you. Degrade you as a suitable life partner when he stated that he didn't want to be with you anymore. the fact that neither of you have had sex for a while is not important because you could go without so could he, you did it because you felt like with some sex we could work things out, that is what got you pregnant in the first place. During sex he will say whatever you know in your heart this man doesn't want anything to do with you regardless if you are pregnant or not. The rest that followed, his other son, his business is nothing but BS. Hopes of getting him back? Honey get real he is gone and the sex was just because he could, period. I don't mean to be cruel I am trying to keep it real.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• but he really does'nt want to talk to me very much latley but I think its just because he is scared honestly. we dont live together, but he lives 3 doors down from me and my mom, go figure!, and he is always home so I always see him and I still get those childish butterflys in my stomache when I do I miss him and I know he really misses me.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It honestly sounds like you're being played. Refuse the booty call and move forward in your life, further your education and take care of your child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I will just let time tell and give it to God.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009