When my 2 yr old son throws fits he bangs his head on the floor, how do I stop him before he hurts himself?

MackNickTrent

Asked by MackNickTrent at 12:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Unfortunately there isn't much you can do except try and redirect him which may tick him off more. It's a phase he'll get out of, he likes seeing your reaction when he whacks his head on the floor. You panic and are running to him, it's probably a little bit of a game to him. My daughter did that and when I started ignoring her she quit. She is fine.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 12:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• throw a pillow under his head
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My son used to to that too. I would sit next to him and put my hand on the floor where he was hitting his head and calmy talk him out of his fit
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2009