There was NO HEARTBEAT!!!

So I went for my first doc appointment today. I am 23 weeks and 4days pregnant.... I know I was late getting to the doc but my insurance has been dicking me around!

So anyways I had trouble with these same doctors with my last pregnancy... they argued with me about how far along i was. but waited til i was 8 months pregnant to start the arguement.

But anyways i had my appointment... first they told me my insurance wasnt on yet so i had to pay 150 to get in to see the doc. but i couldnt wait any longer to see the doc. so i just paid it.
Well he measured my stomach, said i was growing on schedule, did the exam then said "oh thats not right, your cervix doesnt seem to be as big as it should be!"
Then he goes to find a heartbeat and COULDNT FIND IT! so now i have to go in for an ultrasound on saturday to make sure things are ok.

he looked for over 10 minutes and nothing.... I jus dont know what to think

mommyof_2boyz

Asked by mommyof_2boyz at 12:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would find a better doctor! Hope all goes well for you!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If you aren't comfortable and confident with the Dr you're seeing find a new one. It will save you hours of worry in the long run. Are you feeling movement? If so, relax. If not, try to relax. Some women don't feel much until they are 26+ weeks. I hope everything turns out well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think your doc sounds incompatant as hell! I would definately look for another doc. Do you feel the baby move? Then I am sure that it also has a heart beat. Serious, there are alot of doctors out there.
    acschultes

Answer by acschultes at 12:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree- find another Dr. Sounds like you'd get better care with the free clinic.
    I hope things go well and wish you the best.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes I do feel the baby move. he asked me that too and I told him yes. They delivered my 2 children and the first time I had no problems but last time I swear they have lost their damn minds.... grrr Anybody know of good ones in az lol the mesa area
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 12:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Find a new doc ASAP! Most OBs will see you for no charge if you have pending insurance, at least in my area. Look online at the hospitals in your area and search their physician finder. FWIW my son was a hider, it always took my doc a while to find his heartbeat and when he found it he'd slip away real quick. If you really can't wait go to the hospital and say you're feeling decreased movement, I don't recommend going to the ER for something like that but it might put your mind at ease, they might be able to point you in the direction of a better OB too.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 12:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well you really do need another Dr, but to help put your mind at ease my son likes to hide and we can't always find a heartbeat maybe 1/3 of the time there isn't one not even a faint one. So I'm not saying don't worry but I'm saying don't worry until you have a reason too. You did not however mention weather or not you were feeling him move? If you are well you have a stubborn child and that's normal!!! But do not spend to much time stressing until you have proof that's something wrong. Last but not least I changed Dr's at 22 weeks do your self a favor and do the same!!!
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am so sorry. At 23 weeks they should be able to hear a heartbeat. Is there any way you can go to the hospital and tell them you can't feel the baby moving? I'm usually one that says don't go to the ER but I think you should. If money is an issue you can ask for financial aid from the hospital. The hospital cannot turn you away. They will hook you up to a monitor and more than likely do an ultrasound there.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I live in Glendale but i just googled for you and found a couple you can check out. I'm not sure which one you go to but here they are one called True Harmony the number is 480-5396646 another called Sunrise womens healthcare the number is 480-497-2229 another called Oasis OBGYN the number is 480-854-2676. Those are the ones that popped up if I come across any more i'll let you know. Hope it helps good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow momma! You have a 7month old and are 6 months pregnant? That is amazing and I hope everything turns out well for you. Getting pregnant right after you have a baby carries a high risk of miscarriage, preterm babies or still birth. I got pregnant two months after my son was born and had a miscarriage. GL.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2009