If you had access your kids/nephews/nieces Myspace acct. would you do it?

I did and I am so upset and generally pissed off! Should I tell my brothers lazy, oblivious GF or not? What I saw was just general verbal abuse from a boy she "got with" whatever the hell that means these days and he just keeps cussing her out.

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely!
    We blocked our 15 year old permanently from all her MySpace accounts due to the language and sexual content. She was engaging in sex through conversations and they were extremely descriptive. She also gave a 20 year old male in another state our home telephone number and told him to call her.
    Oh boy, did we ever put the brakes on her usage!!!
    And if anyone else knew about her behavior before we did I would definitely want to be told.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes! I will watch every little thing that my children to on our computer. There are just way to many weirdos out there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Maybe you should talk to her about it and leave the mom out if shes not that great at parenting what age are we talking about here??
    geminimom2008

Answer by geminimom2008 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree with gemini 100%
    How old is the girl? I went through something similar when I was 15 and it wasn't that long ago if you need advice on how to talk with your niece!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh, sorry she is 12 and just started going to the school I work at and I have her in check! I do more for this girl then her mom when it comes to school life. Her only little secret has been myspace (WHICH BY THE WAY) I don't know why her mom and other aunt let her get. My computer is just that MINE!!! I have all passwords remembered and IDK how it just remembered hers. I let her get on here to type an essay and then she got on Myspace and I saw a boy calling her a slut and a bitch and a whore.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my little sister wanted a myspace the only way she was alond to have it was me setting it up and knowing the user name and password i get on there and look all the time just to make sure she is safe if i did find something on there i would talk to her first before going to our mom i am 11 years older then her so she knows she can talk to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow, 12 is really young. She obviously hooked up with the kid. Thats what "get with" means. It can range from making out all the way to oral/sex. You need to talk to her about holding off on sex and hopefully get through to her. I was 15 and I wish I would have waited, maybe not for marriage, but at least real legitimate love.
    You also need to talk to her and get her to realize that is verbal/emotional abuse. It is NEVER okay for a boy to treat her that way.
    Good luck, keep is updated!!!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• wow...where do boys that age learn this shit...how can he think that is okay? and "got with" means to them what it means to us(sex and sex play) i would have serious talk with her about it(the boy, the names, sex and bc...) and the boys parents need to get a phone call about the kind of language their son is using, that is unacceptable to say to a girl at any age!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well, since my kids are only 6, 4, and not quite 2 yet, i may not have to worry about it for a while, but when they get old enough, you bet I will check it. I have a myspace myself and I am on it occasionally, but I can get to theirs through mine if I want to.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• OMG! Ladies you should hear how they talk and type. I work at a school and the word, SH$%, F&*^, B$*&$, flies out of their mouth like they are saying whoa! and cool! I'm scared my neice is learning that this is cool and it is how boys should talk to girls. I almost feel like messeging the little s*&^ back and telling him that I will print this out and show his parents......but she's not my kid.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2009