Okay I have another question my mother-in-law treat my daughter diff. then my sons.

Ok my kids grandma only buys my daughter clothes and toys and only watches her and says she cant watch my boys cause there to young. But when my daughter was a baby she took her from me and would not give her back saying i was a bad mom. And which she still says that I am a bad mom but she only tries to take my daughter. if I am a bad mom to my kids why would she only take 1. So how do I get her to quit playing favorites?

MackNickTrent

Asked by MackNickTrent at 12:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• That is horrible of her to say your a bad mother. She shouldnt do that at all, as far as the playing favorites, was your daughter the first grandbaby? She might have a special bond with her for that reason, or that she was the first baby from her son who was her favorite? It might not be so much because she is a girl, but that she is the first. You might want to tell her you are concerned that she is not going to have as good of a relationship with your sons as she does your daughter, and you would like for all of your children to have that meaningful relationship. Then it doesnt look like you are telling her she is playing favorites and leaves the boys out, just that you want her to have that kind of relationship with all of your children.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• People play favorites, sad but true. Maybe she feels she can't handle all three or that she can't handle boys? Even some mothers feel like they can't handle a child of a certain gender because of the differences. My only suggestion is to spend quality time with your boys when she takes your daughter. Make it special just mommy and her boys to make them feel like they are being treated special.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I could understand her not wanting to take all three at once if a couple of them are small. My SIL has always taken my oldest with her all but she can't handle chasing a little one. But I refuse to let her bring things back to my house for one that the other hasn't gotten.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• OK my one MIl was like this. (yeah I am lucky , I used to have more then one, she is not on the earth anymore). She would favoer my husbands oldest son. He has 3 from his first wife and she was the first wife's mom, but he considered her like a mom. Now I know she was not related to me in any way but she would always faver the oldest and totally ignore the other 2 grandkids that were hers. I always though this wasw rong. I put my foot down and told her if she can't spend time with all the grandkids or buy them all something and not just one. She wouldn't get to be with any of them. She was still buying him stuff and no one else. So we hide it befor eh got to see it. She used to ask where it was but we reminded her of the rule. She got it eventuallly.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My sister is the same way..
    She only likes girls...sounds horrible but that is the way she is.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009