Any tips for teethig?

mamanpnk

Asked by mamanpnk at 12:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• everyone says its awful and the docs will say don't...but with my daughter i put a dab of jack daniels on her gums (im sure that any hard liqour would do thats just what we had in the house) not alot just dipped my finger in a cup and rubbed it on her gums. and it worked, i guess it numbs it and let her pass out. or maybe it made her drunk and that made her pass out. who knows but it worked when it was 3 a.m. and she couldn't stop crying about it. after feeling like a horrible person i went and got the teething tablets (walgreens or rite aid will have it in the infant section) they are drug free. and those worked as well but she had to take 3 or 4 of them, they just dissolve on the tongue (i tested it to be sure b/c she was only six months, i actually took them once b/c i had a toothache i had to take a bunch but they worked for me too)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Humphrey's teething tablets work really well. I used to put them on a spoon with h2o and mash them up...about 4 of them. Then I would rub it on her gums. I also give those to her when she is fussy and won't go to sleep because they have chamomile and belladonna which are calming. Otherwise, I use these http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2738035 I put frozen fruit or ice cubes....they're awesome!!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I use the teething tablets, baby oragel, and tylenol, My son has always refused to chew on anything or put anything in his mouth while teething - NO MATTER WHAT it is!! Lol!!...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• baby tylenol... and mine doesn't care for teething rings, but HE LOVES chewing on the outter part of Soothie pacifiers. they are smooth and strong, but a bit squishy, not harder like teething rings. my doc. doesn't suggest baby orajel b/c if they swallow too much it can numb the tongue and throat and they will start choking on their spit b/c they can't feel to swallow.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009