Has anyone taken their infant to Great Lakes, IL for Navy graduation? How is it being in the hall for 4-5 hours? I have an 8 month old

So my husband is graduation next week for the Navy bootcamp in Great Lakes, IL. I am a little bit worried about taking our 8 month old because of the time change and being there for 4-5 hours. I am also worried because she is a nursing baby... is there anywhere to nurse? Please help... :)

Elizajaynesmom

Asked by Elizajaynesmom at 12:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i've never been to graduation for the navy but i took my daughter to a few marine core graduations. theirs are held outside. i would assume there is somewhere you can nurse and if you sit in the back you should be able to leave quietly. they have to be used to families getting up and down. i would probably take someone else with me that way you can take turns taking the baby out so you don't miss the whole thing
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I've been to Great Lakes and while I haven't attended a graduation I'm sure there are places you can nurse. It's illegal in Illinois for someone to deny you the right to nurse in public, they can't tell you to go elsewhere either. Congrats to your hubby!
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 1:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• on the 17th?? My brother is graduating there too!! but i dont get to go and ive never been to one of these so im not sure how LO will do
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• sorry, i didnt realize you were asking a nursing Q..probably the bathroom??
    tnteaton