Biggest Silly Pet Peeve about CafeMom

I'm not talking bashing the admin teams, site glitches, or the like. I'm talking things we can all get over, blinkies, grammar, that kind of stuff. For me it would have to be the poor grammar, ex:
-mines for mine
-it's/its
-they're/their/there
-you're/your
etc.

I'm not the grammar police but sometimes a proofread before posting really helps! Improper word forms get me the most.

AudreyJ

Asked by AudreyJ at 1:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think that's silly. It's just plain hard to read when a question or post is loaded with grammatical errors.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I hate when people type like a text message. I'm a fan of complete sentences and full words... Drives me nuts! I expect a group of mothers to communicate like adults, not like middle schoolers.

And don't get me started on ebonics...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i tink your gonna hate mines response, but its theyre choise to rite like that:)
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 1:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't like mean anons, bad grammar and spelling, (you can tell when it is just a type-o or bad spelling). I also don'e like when moms seem to come off as if they are better then you. For example, a mom was asking where she could get an inexpensive high chair because their funds were low and a "lovely" mommy just had to answer "I don't have to worry about that, I went out and bought the most expensive high chair on the market because I care about my baby". Imagine how the OP felt?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Hey...ummmm....it's t-y-p-o....and full sentences? It should read "It drives me crazy!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ANONS...those are my pet peeve..i shouldnt say all becuase there are a handful of nice ones out there..Oh AnD PPl wHo TyPe LiKe ThiS
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well we aren't in school and writing a paper... you take this wayyy to seriously... who cares what SOMEONE else writes... get over yourself
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I dont' like it when anon posters are so rude..as far as the grammar, I am not the Grammar Natzi so I really don't care
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My pet peeve is that we all really want to give and get support, yet there really doesn't seem to be any. Many moms, and I include myself in this, tend to be very judgemental. (I am not thinking of you OP, just in general.)
    I sometimes just feel sad that there are moms in real need out there and there are responses like those mentioned above with the high chair example.

For the record, grammar and spelling also irritates me.

Gigi, congratulations on your anon stalker. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Glaring grammar and spelling errors bother me, but I can get over it. I learned a long time ago that education is not what it once was, and being articulate in writing or speech isn't as valued by everyone the same way. I confess I have trouble answering any poll or question where "u" is used instead of YOU though. I'm sure they don't miss my answers though, they aren't asking me.

I also don't enjoy those who get a kick out of saying, "I don't give a flip about you. You can stop being so sensitive. It's my right to speak my mind just as rudely as I please all the time without any kind of social filter at all, so screw everyone and the horse they rode in on." Okay, maybe not those words! LOL I don't mind people speaking their minds - it's the genuine lack of realization (or caring) that they are talking to another human being who is worthy of respect as well. It mostly just confuses me, I don't know anyone who lives like that.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2009