help my 4 yare old has nightmares all the time?

it started when he was around 2 it doesnt happen as much any more he wakes up screaming and every once in a while he doesnt know where he is.
i took him to the doc and they almost laughed. i cursed them, out i didnt see sh*t funny.

poetry911

Asked by poetry911 at 2:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• can he tell you what they are? did anything major happen when he was 2 that wouldnt affect you or me but maybe did him more than you realize? (like did he have surgery, fall off something and get hurt, get scared by a dog) if he can tell you what they are do what you can to talk to him about it. if he cant or wont tell you what it is, i would try to find ways to suggest common stuff with out scaring him more...like watch sesame street and mention the cool monsters, that kind of thing so you aren't saying hey are you scared of the monsters and putting more ideas into his head
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my lil girl did this not too long ago too....where there changes in his room? did he hear or see something on tv...or maybe from siblings?
    i have several questions for you. P.M. me if you want to talk to me further about this..maybe we can help eachother out!
    motherofone5506

Answer by motherofone5506 at 2:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Night terrors at this age are common. They will pass, you just have to ride them out. Assure him you are there and calm him back to sleep. I promise this will pass. Some kids just sleep really deep and dream. My DD did this around the age of 3 and so did my nephew. They are now both in their teens and fine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2009