Question for the moms who share joint custody of child/children..

What is you visitation schedule for both you and your child/childrens father?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 4:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• My sister has joint custody with her ex... he has primary caregiver though. She gets to see them every other week on Friday and Saturday. I don't think they're allowed to spend the night with her but every once in a while her ex feels generous. Sucky situation..
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I share custody w/ my ex. It's a confusing schedule...but it's broken down to exactly 50/50. It's hard, but we both aggree it was in her best interest since she has siblings at her dad's house. I wish i could have her more, i just feel that she needs to be with her mom. But this is the best aggreement we could come up with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i have my daughter on monday afternons and nights
    tuesday mornings she goes to daycare and stays there till weds afternnon, when i pick her up
    i have her al day thurs
    her dad picks her up friday night
    and due to the size of thier family i dont see her again till mon afternoon...

it sux and needs to change...

him and his parents and another mom from the daycare just show up randomly to take her here or there, doesnt matter if i have plans or not....

theres no support order, no placement order, no nothing.... all i know is that she is to be with me at least 51% of the time so she can keep her state covered medical insuarance....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We have joint legal custody , we don't have shared custody.. In MO with the arrangement we have he only has a say in legal issues, like inheritance, religion, etc... I have sole physical custody.. A lot of people get it confused. He gets our boys the first and third weekend of every month, and the fifth weekend if there is one... He also gets them 6 weeks in the summer. We have a parenting plan if we can't agree on the schedule for the holiday visits, then it goes back to the plan, which most of the time I follow the plan because he can't agree on anything. It saves having an argument.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• our arrangement is just like 4x4mum. Me and my sons father have "joint managing conservatorship" where we share the above (as she stated) his upbringing, religion, school, health, but I have legal custody. He gets him every other holiday (and the next year we switch holidays) , every other weekend, every fathers day, and half the summer. Technically it was supposed to be the whole summer, but he is a good guy and compromised so we could have summer time also.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009