how do i get cat pee smell out of my couch

Linus keeps peeing on my couch. I tryed everything that i could think of. to get the smeel out. I can not remember if the couch is vinal or leather. i can't afford a new couch right now. This is getting old that he pees on the couch every night.Linus has been neuter by his old owners. We had him over a year now. Pleases help I have family coming over this saturday

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 7:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pets

• I can't really say about cat urine particularly, but vinegar is something that neutralizes human urine. It can't hurt to try. Also, I might try kenneling the cat at nite. It might make him go a bit stir crazy, but if you pad it well, cats apparently prefer small places, bc they love closets, underbeds, boxes, etc. and this might help him to hold his bladder?

Don't go on my word, tho. I don't own cats, just dogs and this works for them. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You can buy a few things at Pet Co for that but it's been my experience that nothing gets that smell out. Our cat peed on our car seat 2 years ago, we tried water and vinegar and bought a bunch of stuff from the pet store that promised to get the smell out. They didn't, it still smells like pee...and flowers now...not a great combo.
    Best of luck!
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i got this product called "get serious" at petsmart and i love it. i also have used paw paws product and loved that as well. i have one spot on our loft that the cats pee at all the time and have used both on it. although i can still see yellow cause i ran out of the get serious so i have to buy more but the smell is almost completely gone. it should be gone when i get more. so try the get serious.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• 1 bottle of hydrogen proxide, 1 tsp of dish soap and 1 tsp of baking soda. put in spray bottle and give a little shake.... then spray away. harmless to any colors too
    dancelinemom

Answer by dancelinemom at 8:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• the smell is very hard to get out because of the ammonia also u should take ur cat to a vet. my cat was alway going on the floor and she has FUTD (feline urinary tract diease) which is something she will have the rest of her life. its has to do with stress, sounds weird i know cuz its a cat, but we took her to the vet they gave her some meds, we added another litter box, increased her fluid intake and got feliway. they are things u plug into the wall and they give out destressor pheramones like when a cat rubs on your leg or a couch. hope this helps to even figure out why ur cat is peeing on the couch
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2009