How do I get cat pee smell out of the couch

Linus keeps peeing on my couch. I tryed everything that i could think of. to get the smeel out. I can not remember if the couch is vinal or leather. i can't afford a new couch right now. This is getting old that he pees on the couch every night.Linus has been neuter by his old owners. We had him over a year now. Pleases help I have family coming over this saturday

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 7:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Take the covers off of the cushions and wash them. Try baking soda on the couch...(make sure that's ok for the material first....dont' want you to ruin your couch..)

As for peeing on the couch...if he keeps doing it, buy a large cat crate (or see about borrowing one from someone, and put Linus in it overnight. He will cry, but he won't be able to pee on the couch. Put food, water, and a litter box (cardboard box with some litter in it will suffice, and can easily be switched or emptied and refilled as needed..) And a blanket for him to sleep on. I know several people who kennel their cats at night to keep them from causing mayhem and for the most part the cats tolerate it well.

Note: This is not something I would do to any cat, but as a last resort to correct poor behavior. He will eventually learn to pee in the litter box at night by having to do it. It's not a guarentee either. It might work, might not.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• buy some "OUT! Cat Urine Stain & Odor Remover Spray". most pet stores and supermarkets carry it. it is so good it got skunk spray smell out of my truck bed liner!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• And if all fails, try plain on vinegar and water. I know that vinegar neutralizes human urine.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• NOTHING worked for me. We got rid of the peeing cat and got new couches. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009