Is it ok to get some vicks vaper rub for my 1yr old he has a cold and cant breath out his nose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can use the Vicks baby vapor rub....I have used that one on my son many times! I think the adult one is to strong for their little noses though.
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 8:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i agree get the babys vicks thats what i use on my son when he needs it and hes 3. hope he feels better soon.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I use the Baby Vicks vapor rub on my children.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• NO NO NO...I just watched the Dr. Show that comes on each morn at 9am...they had a long discussion about that stuff! It is BAD...I guess they have found through recent research that it is the cause of Asthma and other breathing problems! IT'S NO GOOD. a humidifier and the saline drops for the nose are best. If your child is having trouble breathing due to chest congestion, you should take him or her to the Doc for proper medication. It should be checked to make sure it isn't a chest infection. Go online and find natural remedies, MUCH safer!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• im sorry anon im going to pray for my son and get sum vicks baby rub ... IF it was bad for them they would havet not made it for babys and also I would have problems cause my mom used that on me for so many years and im fine and so is my brother and siter thanks anyways
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2009