virus with fever and rash

my 16mo has a virus, started with a fever but no other symptoms. a rash started to appear and the doctor said that was normal. but just wanted to hear from other moms, did your young toddlers have a rash from a fever that spread all over the body, was slighly swollen in areas and seemed to itch? thanks. baby couldnt sleep due to itchiness, so we got benadryl at 2am which helped him sleep - nurse on call said to do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is a virus going around called the fist diseaes,it is just an itchy rash,and a fever,but it just has to run its course,good luck.It is in the little boy I keep preschool.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yup it's happend here. They suck lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Google "Roseola." My daughter had it and was just out of sorts for the whole time she had it. She just cried and cried. I think it makes them really uncomfortable, even after the fever's gone. I think the whole ordeal lasted about a week or maybe a day or two more. You just have to ride it out.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2009