I need ideas on making homemade birthday invitations?

My daughter will be turning 5 next month and we have decided to have it at the water park and our theme is monsters so we are going to make our own monster cupcakes and even making a monster pinata but cant seem to find monster invitations at least not appropiate for a 5yr old so I thought maybe we can make are invitations also but have no ideas,please help?

adopmom

Asked by adopmom at 8:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• Google images... find a kid friendly monster... or look in kids books and draw one. Or have your LO draw one.

You can get cards in the craft section for a few bucks. (they also have post cards)

You could either print everything directly on the card, or print on different paper than use double sided tape or stick glue.

I make a lot of my own cards. Birthday, christmas, mothers day... Cardstock is a little pricey sometimes but I swear by it. You can find great patterns. For my son's last birthday it was Spiderman themed so I used the postcards and printed out pictures of Spidey and used sticker lettering to write "I'm having a birthday!" on the front. Then on the back put all the party info. My son was turning three so I let him color the front side before putting on the picture and stickers. They were so cute, I almost didn't want to give them out.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am doing invites for my son, dinosaur theme. I found a dino pic, printed that on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. in word i wrote a small poem with the information for the party, placed the wording properly, then put the paper with the pic already on it, back into the printer and print the wording, I use plain white envelopes, let my son use dino stamps or stickers to decorate envelope.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 10:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My idea: Start with a simple card with your info and your child's fave colors. On the front of the card you can attach (with maybe a string or ribbon) a monster mask. If you can't get one with the elastic. Make some out of whatever images you can find online and attach a popsicle stick to it. Maybe you can use this coloring pages site I found. Most of all have fun with it!

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would print invitations on blue or green card stock or buy pre-made blank cards and print out my own imagine. I am not sure what kind of monsters you are talking about. But when you said monsters and waterpark, the first thing I though of was "nessie" lock ness. Look up the movie water horse. The young pictures of the monster would be cute. Or any cartoon version of lock ness. PM me if you want me to help you make them. I make all my own cards and invitations. I have to, my kids always want weird themed parties. The last one was a Tim Burton themed party for my 12 year old.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 1:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I just happened to find this on HP.com It is invitations, thank you notes, door hangers and cards from the new movie monsters and aliens. Best Part it is free to download, create and use.

http://www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/themes_celebrities_monsters_aliens.html
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 2:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009