Supposed Case: you have to leave the country. Do you have a place to go and stay?

Is "hump day" why not ask this question!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting question. I get a V.A. disability pension, so I could live in Mexico without worrying so much about money. However, if the economy totally tanked and my benefits were discontinued - I would probably visit friends in Japan and teach English. I speak Spanish very well, some German, and have forgotten most of my Japanese and Chinese. I still have some cousins in Denmark, but have lost touch with them after my Uncle died. Growing up in Texas, Denmark would be too crowded for me. Australia might be nice and I know people there. I need to get a new passport, it has been on my to do list a long time (price is so high now!)
    learnteach

Answer by learnteach at 11:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yep. we own a condo/townhouse in the cayman islands. we rent it out when we're not there--so it pays for itself. we'd be able to let the current renters finish out their lease, and move there indefinitely! also have friends in australia who have offered us a place to stay indefinitely--should this country go to pot faster than expected!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Our parents live in South America so we would go there...just in the supposed case!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I've got friends in sweden.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Family in Scotland and the Philippines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my sil works in spain so we would have to go there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My mother in law is English, so I would go off to Darlington.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• travelThat reminds me I have to renew my passport

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes. I would be able to stay in Bulgaria, Australia, or Scottland.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If I went to another country I would make sure I knew the language (well) and was able to read, write and converse in their language, use their money properly and function in their society properly.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009