Would you believe him?

So my fiance used to smoke pot but when I got pregnant he promised he was gonna quit. Well a few days ago when he came home i swear he smelled like pot but I didnt say anything. Then yeaterday I found a bag in our car that def had pot in it at some time. I could smell it when I picked it up to throw it away. I confronted him about it and he swears it wasnt his. He says he let some guy at work use the car and he must have left t in there. I really want to believe him but i just have a feeling hes lying cause he knows how i feel about it. What would you do? Would you believe him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I would not believe him...I used to smoke and you have to quit for yourself..
    Driving with it in the car is a big problem also..
    You need to listen to your gut..Talk to him, tell him you need honesty..
    Remember he needs to do it because he wants to do it...
    making someone do something, I feel will not answer the question.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well like one bf said to me you met me smoking pot and I am not going to change this is what I like to do I don't want to lie to you.
    So my guess is he is probably telling you things you want to hear. It is like you being pregnant there is no turning back right, well for a pot head to want to stop they have to want to but in this case once a pot head always a pot head. Now you can try to have him slow down or do it away from home you can set certain rules but to get him to completely STOP! I don't think it is going to happen. GL Hang in there or move on...you knew he did this when you met him..right?
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Nope, I wouldn't believe him. My fiance told me he was going to quit when I got pregnant too and that never happened. He's not ever going to quit just because you want him to. I've tried that more times than I can count. I've even gave him the ultimatum asking would you choose smoking weed over your son and I. Guess what he picked.... He said he would leave his family to have the weed. Your fiance has to want it for himself, if he doesn't then you're just talking to a brick wall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have to comment on the once a pot head always a pot head..........
    VERY UNTURE
    some people grow up and relize that pot is stupid...
    life changes can make people want to stop....l
    so once a pot head always a pot head is not for all.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No. I would not believe him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Okay now. Were you cool with pot before you got pregnant? Be honest. If you were cool with it, said you were cool with it and THEN changed your tune when you got pregnant, he may see absolutely no reason to stop. His "promise to quit" was sort of like your statement that you're cool with pot. You changed your mind, so did he. You two need to sit down and discuss your feelings honestly and come to an agreement, and I mean an AGREEMENT, not you throwing down an ultimatum.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow, I read your problem and I had the EXACT thing happen to me from my EX- husband (emphasis on the Ex) Except I was trying to get pregnant. What a moron he was and how stupid was I for lowering my self to ever be with anyone who chooses to make those choices. He is lying to you - Ask yourself: Do you want to live with an illegal drug user while trying to raise a child? That is your choice.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 9:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Nope, I would not. Would his friend really leave his pot in someone's car? Doubt it, really do. And I don't think he could or would quit if his friends are still smoking.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2009