Son Acting Out with Dad??

My son is 17 months old and he is usually as good as gold. I mean don't get me wrong he has the normal 17 month old temper tantrums from time to time and whatnot but lately when he's with his dad (we're separated) he's been acting out terrible. My ex lives with his mom and she runs a home day care and my ex has been telling me how Caden has been really bullying the other kids, especially one in particular and is just being a little brat pretty much and its just strange because he doesn't do this when he's at his daycare and when he's with me except for like I said normal temper tantrums and whatnot.

Has anyone else dealt with this or is this just a phase he's going through? I guess I am just worried that now he's older that he could be acting out like that because he's starting to realize the 50/50 custody deal we have going on. Should I be concerned or is it just a normal phase toddlers go through?

Cadens_Mommy118

Asked by Cadens_Mommy118 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is it possible he sees this as the only way to get his father's attention?
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well the way we do custody is 50/50 so its not that he doesn't see him. Now, on the other hand, when he is with dad, like I said his mom does run a home daycare and thats where he lives so when they are home during the days he has him its not just one on one attention because of the other kids that are there for the daycare she runs. But at his daycare he doesn't do things like that, the hitting, kicking, screaming fits and whatnot...
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I kinda meant when he is at the daycare with his father, that because your son has to share his only time with dad with other kids, that might be why he acts out only there. he might not be getting enough one on one time with his dad.
    sorry for not being clearer earlier.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Maybe that is the problem. I mean I know that kids do go through the temper tantrum phases and whatnot I just was concerned for the fact that its primarily happening when he's with dad. Thanks for your input :- )
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2009