Obama and Abortion

I didnt pay much attention to the elections this past year. Yesterday I was reading an article saying that President Obama and Michele voted against banning Partial Birth Abortion. How could someone do that? They say Partial Birth Abortion can be done anywhere between 3-9 months. Are you just going to KILL a 9 month fetus? Knowing this, why did idiots elect Obama as president. Especially if they knew how a Partial Birth Abortion was performed. Did you know he was for abortion and if so, did you vote for him?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 9:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because of a section of the bill that would open doorways to making all abortions illegal. That's why they voted against the ban.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Please OP before making rash assumptions, educate yourself on all aspects of things. Take the time to research and find out the whats and whys. Even if you are pro life.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• op, didn't you know he was the first viable black candidate?! we all needed him because he promised hope and change without any clear definition, and kool aid for everyone...that's why he is now our king! (sarcasm)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

So kill full term babies for it?

That's your local LIB for ya.

Sickening!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No grace, the bill in it's sneakiness was sickening. I'm pro-life. I don't like abortion, but I recognize the FACT that it's not going to go away if we make it illegal. There will be other issues to deal with at that point. I realize you don't care about that, but I do. After what I've seen in a few select countries where abortion is banned, I wouldn't want to see that here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• hey grace, thought anon posts don't count??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• op, how could you not pay attention to the election last year? i really hope you didn't cast a vote for either candidate if you truly couldn't have cared less to listen to platforms (goals, objectives, plans).

sorry, but if you don't pay attention to politics, and don't vote, you forfeit the right to a political/platform opinion good or bad.
    Anonymous

• No I didn't vote. And just because I didn't vote doesnt mean I dont have to right to have an opinion. Seriously, would you kill a full term baby? HELL NO! We all on here are mothers or soon to be mothers. Could you ever imagine killing one of your babies? Obama is a sick man. Even if it was just a section of the bill that he was voting against, he still voted against banning abortion. He can kiss my ass.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 9:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Partial-birth abortions are only performed in cases where the mother or baby is in danger of death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Obama isn't advocating the termination of healthy full term infants. Get a grip. This procedure is rare. Extremely rare, and usually used in cases where the baby has serious problems. Not saying I agree with it. There are a lot of things that can be done that will meet the same objective- but it's a good idea to research the idea- both sides- and see where some people are coming from who've chosen to end a pregnancy this way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2009