I have just found out that Im pregnant again...Im about 6 weeks along

and before I knew I was preg I had some lower back xrays done because of a car accident, Ive also been put on percocet 7.5 twice daily. Like I said, I didnt know yet.....I also take anti anxeity medication called citalopram 20 mg a day. I have ceased taking anything at all now untill I go for my first OB appt next week, but I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation....I know ppl are going to say " women do alot of things before they find out they are preg and their babies are just fine" I know that. but they are not me...so Im just asking for some personal experiences here. Thanks!

destiny00843

Asked by destiny00843 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• congratulationsI wish I could tell you something different but just hang in there and start from now to take care of you and your baby. GL

I am sure you and your baby will be fine.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was in a car wreck a week before I found out I was pregnant with one of my kids, had x-rays of my hip, and was on a muscle relaxer (dont remember which one) and a pain killer for the time before I found out. My Dr wasn't concerned, just said to stop taking the meds. I do know that some are ok for pregnancy, but you can probaly call your Dr even before your apt, and just ask if the Percocets and anxiety meds are okay. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was drinking and smoking before I found out. Even got a tattoo! I was mortified when I found out cause I knew the things I had done. I stopped smoking that day and didn't drink or take anymore meds. I also would rarely eat and when I did it was junk. My poor baby for those first 5 weeks:( But the day I found out I started eatin right and doing everything right. I had a healthy 8lb baby and went full term. She is developmentally fine crawled at 5 mon and walked at 9 months. She is perfectly healthy:) She is 2 now. I would guess you'll be fine. GL and lets hope all is well:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• never had a personal experience but aren't they supposed to make sure you aren't pregnant before they give you x rays?

r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• LIKE I SAID I didnt know I was pregnant.
    destiny00843

Answer by destiny00843 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009