I getting so frustrated!

My LO is 9 mts today actually and has been eating baby food since she was I guess 5 or 6 months with no problem. Just recently we started givng her puffs and like finger foods for her to eat herself. Well since we started that she will no longer eat baby food including her nightime rice which is her absoulte fav and mine too because she sleeps all night if she eats it. I'm just worried she is not getting enough food and nutrition. How can I get her to eat baby food again? It is almost impossible she crys throws her arms in her face, spits it out. Please help!

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her more foods she can pick up and feed herself with. It might just be an independence thing. If she doesn't want the jar of bananas, just give her pieces of banana. She won't be missing out on nutrition if you just substitute what's in the jar for the real thing.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my son did that around that age, it doesnt last long
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• As long as she's getting her breast milk or formula, she's getting her nutrition. Baby food is for practice, not nutrition!!

You gave her a taste of "real" food. Why should she want that pureed stuff any more? Give her bits of what you're having. Time to start table foods!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i'm in the same situation. Mine has decieded she does not like baby food.. at all.
    I posted a very simular question.. and the responses i got were..
    1. Baby food is just for practice anyway.. so don't worry.
    2. Try giving baby.. real food like what you eat.
    3. Just keep trying the baby food every once in awhile..

Good luck mommy - i'm frustrated too.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I remember my daughter did that too and it was a frustrating because she was also "underweight".

baby food is pretty gross, well most of it that is. How about make the same things that you'd buy so it actually has some taste. Like most other posters will say, breastmilk/ formula is supposed to be the main source of nutrition in the first year.

beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Actually babys dont get much nutrition out of baby food, they get all of there nutrition from breastmilk and formula... baby food is more for fun than anything for the parents. i wouldnt give up on the baby food and just try to keep offering it to her instead of the puffs all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2009