For my Witchie friends (LOL)

Have you ever read the Maleus Malificarum?
The title translated from German means "the witches hammer".

I read it many years ago when I was a practicing Wiccan, and it still affects me to this day.

If you haven't read it, I really recommend it. It goes through some of the horrible things that were done during the Inquisition and Witch Hunts.

It's also available free online:
http://www.malleusmaleficarum.org/

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• So are you really a witch?...cooool
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No, actually, I am now a Christian, LOL. But I have no problem with Paganism or Wicca - I believe we all have our own spiritual paths to follow.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Cool thanks, I will downloand it on my computer and read it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• o ok...I was about to go crazy with all the questions I wanted to ask.. ; }
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• LOL, go ahead and ask. I WAS a Witch at one time, so I can answer them to the best of my own personal knowledge.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ok...does voodoo really exist?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yup. It's a combination of the Catholic religion and ancient African ritual and practices. It is VERY real - as real as any prayer or wiccan spell. It's also a very beautiful, and slightly frightening (LOL), religion.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• K, the link I found is NOT the book y'all, sorry about that!

THIS is the link to the full e-book:
    http://www.malleusmaleficarum.org/downloads/MalleusAcrobat.pdf
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• So who does the spells? Is it God or the Devil? Clearly a human being can't posses powers to do those things. I mean, who gave them those powers?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Everyone has powers, Diamondmamma, it's knowing that you have them and the proper use of them that defines if they "work" or not. They are inborn in everyone. No, you can't twitch your nose and have a million dollars instantly appear on the kitchen table, but if you do a money-drawing spell for instance, you will have what you need or figure out how to get it. Broadly speaking doing spells is the application of knowledge and willpower. It may be as "simple" as remembering that there is a $20 bill in last winter's coat pocket, or somebody may unexpectedly pay back the loan you gave them 6 months ago. Or it may be more complex. Doing spells is a lot like Christian prayer, except we don't sit around and "hope" for a solution, we do our part too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2009