C section.

So I'm having a c section tomorrow morning at 7:30. Is there ANYTHING I should know before hand??

gettingfat89

Asked by gettingfat89 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not as bad as you think. I honestly enjoyed mine. (crazy i know) just relax and breathe! good luck!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 9:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes, you should know that you should plan now whether or not you want the father to go to the nursery with the baby for the bath, etc. If you will be breastfeeding, I strongly urge you to send him to make it known you do not want the baby formula fed.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 10:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Prepare now for help at home when you get to leave the hospital. Some women recover really really fast and others it takes forever, you dont want to over do it and rest as much as posible. Also, make sure you have someone there with the baby and you n the hospital at all times. At the hospital here if you have a c-section you cant be alone with the baby because of the pain and the drugs they give you, so they will take him/her to the nursery when dad/partner leaves. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• im having a c-section tomorrow also im so glad somebody eles is having one to. i felt so alone and scared....
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i had a c section but it wasn't planned so you are probably already pretty prepared for it. i had never had any surgeries before (never even broken a bone!) so the pain was a shock. just make sure you rest a lot after. i felt bad cuz my SO had to take care of the baby mostly but don't feel bad. having a baby is hard work and you deserve to take it easy and your body needs it
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• relax, and be sure to get up and walk as soon as they allow you. i wanted to see the first bath foot prints etc so they actually did all that in the post partam room so that I could be apart of it. also i wanted to bf so my husband and i made it a point that there was to be no pacifiers or bottles to be given while i was being stiched up. also i had my husband go to the nursery with my daughter, i didnt want her to be alone lol. good luck, mine was unscheduled so i dont know how different it will be for you. my surgery started at 630 she was born at 639 and i was back in my room with her by 720. i didnt get to see them weigh and measure her but my hubby was there for that
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009