• In the Spotlight:

Should this really concern me?

I am a fan of loud music! I love high pitches, I love bass, and everything else included in loud music...
but since I became pregnant, it is getting harder and harder for me to listen to the radio or play anything of my own.
I have become increasingly fearful that my baby will be born deaf and it will be my fault. I have even gotten anxiety attacks in cabs when the driver wont turn down the bass or the song is exceptionally high pitched even at a normal volume.
Am I going crazy?
If anyone else developed fears like this, I would really appreciate hearing about them... maybe they will calm me down?

MssBlckEyeliner

Asked by MssBlckEyeliner at 10:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just listen at a lower volume lol. It get's loud, but not as loud as normal. I do know that everything echos which is why you shouldn't go to arena shows while pregnant because it's too loud. Other than that, I don't know what the effects could be.. I just avoid it.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I've never heard of that. My husband loves going to concerts so we attended many of them with my first( now and while I was pregnant). Now she is 2 years old and loves to sing and dance. She has no hearing problem, her speech development started very early and she even walked early. Obviously there is nothing wrong with her auditory sense. So no worries!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Never really heard of that. Considering they are swimming in water, and its covered by skin and muscle, and the sac. So there is quite a buffer there. I went to rock concerts, and went to bars during all my pregnancies with all 3 of my kids. They all turned out perfectly fine. They love any kind of music, and love to sing along if they know the words. My kids love to jam out!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• the loudest thing i exposed my baby to when i was pregnant was a concert at our county fair. it was pretty loud and i was a little worried it would harm him but he's perfectly fine
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009