Hopefully someone here can shed some light for me..........

Does anyone know what could cause a person's White Blood Cell count to skyrocket? Mine is double the normal level. I have been vomitting and have had the runs for 3 weeks now. Other than that, I have no fever or anything that would indicate the flu. Oh, and I'm 32.5 weeks pregnant. I was in the hospital and so far all the tests are coming back normal.......which seems so strange. I know y'all aren't doctors, but maybe some ideas that I can take to my dr and have him test for. Thanks!

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• A spike in WBC generally means there is an infection somewhere. With your other symptoms I would say definitely have an infection or virus running around in you. Perhaps as simple as a flu strain. Sorry you feel badly
    PoniiGurl

Answer by PoniiGurl at 10:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2009