do you think it is bad luck..

To get married with the rings your parents got married with but they are now divorced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I believe you provide your own luck. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No but if you are superstitious then don't.
    I believe a marriage is what you make it. So work hard on it.
    It is just like the tattoo they say people don't like to put their name on eachother bc it brings bad luck again it is what you make. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• When my husband and I were getting married his dad tried to give us the rings from when he was married to my husbands mom. He refused them because he didnt want to think about his parents and their divorce every time he would look at his ring.
    We do have rings that are family heirlooms though. Our rings are the same rings that his great grandparent, who were married for over 50 years, had.
    I agree with kfree907, you make your own luck, but do you really want rings from a marriage that failed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't believe it is bad luck b/c to me you make your own luck (if that is what you call it). Marriage is a hard thing to work at but it is up to you and your SO if you want to make it work. It doesn't have anything to do with rings & so forth. They are just material things and symbols.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 11:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2009