Renewing vows .. Got some Questions

Hey. I don't know where to put this exactly. but My first wedding was ruined.. We didn't have a professional photographer.. My hair looked awful.. My stepson woudln't smile and my husband had him in every picture, so in most pictures we had, he was frowning or sticking his tongue out. We didn't have a first dance because the radio was broken.. Needless to say.. It was a wonderful and awful experience. So we wanted to renew our vows. Does it have to be on our anniversary? And also, we wanted to do it 6 hrs away at the beach.. How do we find a minister there and photographers and all? Also I'm fine paying for everyones hotel, because we're just inviting immediate family and a couple of family friends, but how much advance notice do I give?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that it doesn't really matter when you renew your vows. It's completely up to you. As far as finding a minister, first if you have a church you regularly go to, I'd ask the minister there if he/she'd be interested in doing it. Otherwise, go out to where you plan to have the renewal and go to the local churches. You can also do the same for photographers. (An idea, have your family and friends take pix, it might not be as professional, but they always get the best ones and it's cheaper.) As far as notifying friends and family of the ceremony, I'd do it about 2 months before the date of the event. But definately not less then 1 month, so everyone has time to plan and be there. Good luck and I'm sorry the first one didn't work out as planned.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It is up to you if you want to do it on your anniversary, traditionally most people do, as it is easier to celebrate it on the same day. Think about if you do it on a seperate day, will you celebrate both as your anniversary? Or one over the other one? As for the distance, you can find just about everything online, and book most of it over the phone or online too, maybe make aday trip up there 1 or 2 times to meet with all of them at once (the minister, photographer, florist if you use one) I would give save the date cards to let them know you are planning it, and so they can make arrangements before they travel. Will you pay for them to be gona just overnite? Or all weekend? I would let them know at least several weeks ahead of time, even if it is just by calling and telling them hey , mark your calendars and more details will come. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Congrats! We renewed our vows on Smather's Beah, Key West in December. Our anniversary was this past Sunday (6 years). So, we did not do it on our anniversary. If you want a beach renewal then your anniversary date may not work if it is in a colder weather month. The date should not matter. I found someone using an online search. I googled Key West vow renewal and found this guy who is an ordained minister, and who also happens to be a photographer. It was a very casual renewal with just my husband and myself and our three year old daughter. There were several companies who did more elaborate affairs. I would suggest you google search the area you will be renewing in and "vow renewal" or "beach weddings".
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 10:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Continued: Nearly all businesses that perform weddings will also perform vow renewals. If you have chosen a hotel location that is on the beach, their sales department when you book a group rate should be able to also point you in the right direction. They work with wedding vendors all the time.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 10:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2009