i dont understand this AT all, does ANYONE?

I KNOW ULTRASOUNDS MEASURE FROM THE 1st DAY OF YOUR LMP (BUT) if i measured farther along than my LMP, obviously day 1 isnt my LMP date....is it when i concieved? and early ultrasound said i measured 12 1/2 weeks....since i measured farther along than my LMP and a due date was given to me based on ultrasound did i concieve 12 1/2 weeks ago or 10 1/2 weeks ago roughly??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 10 1/2 weeks ago. Always subtract 2 weeks from those to get when you concieved.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Just reading your question confused me. There is a calculator online, I will see if i can find it. Enter your due date and it will give you the dates for everything. Conception, last menstrual and viable. it is accurate to my scheldule.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancycalendar/l/blpregcalc.htm
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I did that. everything matches except for my lmp date. if i count back 38 weeks from my due date, thats when im positive i got pregnant. if i count back 40 weeks though, that doesnt match when my lmp was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If you are postive about when you got pregnant then why does it matter? It just means your cycle was different than the "average" and you ovulated at a different time.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm just confused. So even when a due date is given from ultrasound, they still add two extra weeks? Some people say they do and some people say they dont. they would never calculate a due date as being 280 days from conception, would they??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ultra sound doesnt measure from your last period. they measure the growth of the baby so it can be off from your last period ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• and conception still takes place in week two of the 40 weeks based on due date, right? so if i measured 12 1/2 weeks then i concieved 10 1/2 weeks ago?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• that is what drs have told me that if you are for example 14 weeks then the baby is only 12 weeks . but you are still 14 weeks .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ultrasounds are always several days. Don't get too hung up on any of the dates, they are all estimates. Even if you are 100% positive about when you concieved, women rarely carry to exactly 38 weeks from conception.

(You are right that your due date is generally 40 weeks from LMP and 38 weeks from conception if you have a normal 28 day cycle).
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009