what the hell!!! i want to cry!

ok so i took a preg test a week ago and it was positive.well last night i was at the in laws house and they wanted me to take one there cause they thought we were pulling their leg!so i was like no problem so we go to the store get back to there house i take the test and walk out of the bathroom went to hand it to them and flipped out it was NEGATIVE!!why!has this ever happened to any one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had the reverse happen. Go to the dr, they can tell you for sure. I don't swear by the HPTs.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If it's very early on and you took the test when your urine wasn't concentrated (like it is in the morning) the results could be affected by that
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 10:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Take it in the morning again. The very first trip to the bathroom is when you are supposed to do the test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• the positive one i took was about noon and the neg. one i took was at 6pm.and i have no idea how far along i havent had a period in months but i took one in feb and one in march they were both neg.the the one i took last week was positive and then last night neg!this happened with my daughter to!i got almost all negs and when i got a positive i was 7 weeks.im just so nervous.and stupid cause when i got the positive i told every one now i have to go back and tell every one im stupid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh, I am sorry. I agree, to go to the Dr and bave blood work done, that will tell you for sure what is going on. Also some tests check for different levels of the hormone in your blood so it will also be off if it was a different brand of test.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's better to take a test first thing in the morning b/c like someone said it's the most concentrated. If you were drinking a lot of water or liquids during the day, the test may not detect your HCG levels. If it's still negative then go see your doctor for blood work. Goodluck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yea i did two diff test!from the dollar store one was the dollar one and then one was a four dollar one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You leaves are probably low. Go to the doctor, or even planned parenthood, they will do a free one there, or at most I think its 10 but they are more accurate. If you want to keep it to your self, seriously Do it first thing in the morning. Its the only time when the urine builds the hormone will be the strongest and if its positive then you are. Your best bet though is to see your doctor,
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Take a test right now and tell us how it comes back....
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009