How much toelrance do you have?

How tolerant are you of other people with different beliefs or lack of them, the poor, and immigrants?
Please no bashing, flaming etc. I will delete hateful responses.
I would like to see honest opinions, stated in a civil way.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 10:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe I am extremely tolerant about most things.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Most of the time I am very tolerant, sometimes I read posts that really get to me and I have to speak up, I don't care if you are christian, pagan, Wicca, agnostic, atheist, people of all religions are fine with me, some I dont understand and will question to get a better understanding, but over all I am open to all types of people. On this forum a few people do get to me with the "my way or hell" or "you are all brainwashed" but I try hard to just leave them be, because nothing I can say will change their view. Thats is only a few, over all I enjoy this section.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I always say it is better to believe in something than nothing at all. I think I'm very tolerant.
    It does not matter if you have or do not have money , Hard working people giving back to the lord by taking care of you family.
    If you do not believe in God it is ok as long as you are a good person. Because is keeping Gods law and Men's law.
    We are all immigrants, The one's that break the law? I do not hate, our government is the problem. If Mexico said they would give me, food stamps, housing, money I would go over there too.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Honestly I think I am rather tollerant... However I am very intollerant to people who are in a bad situation and refuse to make it better. I have all the compasion in the world for someone that is poor, sick or even an addict... But if they are willing to stay that way and not do something about it but they want sympathy... Umm, no. You are where you are because YOU choose the path you chose. If you are not willing to pack up and go down a new road I am not going to continue to sympathise or tollerate your actions or situation...

Now, as for beliefs, I feel that we are all in the same boat. We all have to decide what to believe and who am I to tell you you're wrong? As long as you are willing to accept my beliefs I am more than willing to accept yours. I am however very intollerant of haters and bashers. I guess you could say I hate hate... Otherwise, I'm good!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I either like someone or I don't.  My opinion is based on personality.  Religion is the furthest thing from my mind, financial status is irrelevant, and I am an immigrant.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm very tolerant about most things. I'm curious though, how exactly can you delete responses here? It's not your journal.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I must add that I ma also very intollerant of purposeful ignorance. By which I mean people that refuse to see things from any position other than the one they are in just because they might be wrong. People that bend truth and fact to make it seem as if it's not or to make it appear as it they are always correct, even when they know they are not...
    Yeah, that's just boils my blood!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I try to be, then I come to this section of Answers, sigh. To gammie, so is it still ok if we believe in your god but are not good people? I mean, at least we would be believing in something, right? You start out immediately with an intolerant statement. Just plain wrong.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I want to say that I am tolerant of a lot... a persons statis in life is theirs... some have to work harder to get to the next peg of an ladder... I commend those who strive to work harder to get there.... If the person/people are simply taking, lazy and not trying, then yes tolerance is lower and my respect for them drops...
    My tolerance is lower when it comes to harm to others including animals and nature...
    And my tolerance is tested greatly when Religion and Politics are the topic at hand... lol... I try to put myself into the others shoes with an open mind, to see and understand what they are talking about. My tolerance is lower also when it comes to being told "my way or the highway" attitudes on any topic...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would say I am extremely accepting. I don't judge you for what color you are, what religion, whether you are democrat or republican, sexual orientation, how you look, how succesful you are, where you are from, why you are in america, the list goes on. I judge people by their actions and that is all.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2009