How can I wean my 15 month old from breast feeding?

If I am home with him all day he is more likely to breast feed more often.
If I am at work and he is with a babysitter, he does very well and then only breast feeds
morning & night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• slowly drop feeding, distract him with other things when you notice he is about to ask to breastfeed. if you know hes about to ask either give him a sippy cup, a snack, or get up & do something... he may be wanting to nurse for for the closeness. have you tried playing with him more? he may miss his mommy while your working so when he gets the chance he wants the closeness that nursing brings.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I dropped 1 feeding once a week, to the point of where he didn't even miss the breat when it was gone. The middle of the nights feeding were the hardest to let go (but the first I got rid of so I could finally get sleep). For the middle of the night, I sent dad in when he woke up, and he didn't expect a breast then. He went back to sleep relatively easy.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009