whats the difference??.....

between being protestant and being a Unitarian Universalist? which is the correct one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unitarian Universalist churches encompass ALL faiths/religions and protestant is a Christian religion that is not Catholic.

I think they're both fine.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I know when I do attend service it is at a local unitarian universalist church. They really do encompass all faiths. Nothing is wrong with either beliefs though.  UUC is the one I choose because I am Pagan and no one tries to change me. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Your question about which is right, in all honesty, is very subjective. There is no way to know for certain, as most religions and denominations believe they have the truth. So, who's right? Whjo knows.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• UUC seems to be an all inclusive type of thing. Personally I don't know much about either. I don't believe there is a right or wrong when it comes to religion. One must always keep an open mind and use some logic. If you don't feel at home in your church or religion find a new one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Protestant is Christianity but Universal Life is more new age ( yes I will get slack ) but that is what it is .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Shaneagle777:

It is more new age, I don't think you'll get slack for that :-).
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• UU started as Christians who believed in Unitarianism (rejection of the concept of the trinity), and who believed in the universal salvation of all mankind. This has grown into the UUA, which encompasses all different faiths and beliefs, even Atheistic ones. It is all accepting and all loving.
    Protestants are merely the denominations that protested the way of the Catholic church during the Protestant Reformation.
    Neither is any more correct than the other, but one specific denomination of protestantism might be more right for you than another, or the UUA may seem more right to you.
    I believe "right" and "true" to be subjective, though - its something personal, and we can't determine what is true for others, but we can know what is best and truest for us individually.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009