Has this happened to any of you? And if so, What happened? ='(

So lastnight at midnight I got a call from the doctor telling me theyre concerned about my baby. (Im 38weeks pregnant) They said that by my 37week ultrasound, it looks like my baby has either stopped growing inside of me...or her growing is slowing down...

They said theyre going to do some tests and give me another ultrasound next week. Im scared out of my mind. I couldnt sleep lastnight, its been on my mind since they told me...

So What does this mean will happen if her growing has stopped or slowed down?
She's not going to die is she!?!?!? ='( ='( ='(
and if not, what do you think they'll do? =(

This is my first baby! i dont wanna lose my first or any for that matter

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 11:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry that I don't have any real advice for you, but I have to say that if this was a REAL emergency they definitely wouldn't wait a week to give you another ultrasound. Try to relax and talk to your doctor about all your concerns when you go back in. I'm sure everything will be ok for you! Take care.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• good luckWell for one that was very unprofessional to call you at midnight to tell you something that could have waited til in the morning. First of all I am sorry to hear the bad news I pray all goes well for you and your baby remember to pray and try not to worry and please let us know what happened.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Honestly I would ask them to induce you. You have been going into labor off and on on your own havent you? (I though it was you if not sorry) It doesnt mean your baby will die, really it doesnt, but it does mean that he/she isnt getting anough nutrition to grow normally, maybe because of the placenta. I would ask for the induction if I were you,but it is a very personal choice, you need to sit down and have a LONG talk with your Dr about why this is happening and what theyare going to do about it. Dr's will try to not talk about alot of stuff because they know what they are doing and forget that the mom is scared, make him talk to you, he may not even realize he is doing it. GL and let us know how it goes,
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• They have to wait..because i had JUST gotten an ultrasound and they want to wait at least another week so that incase she is growing, that one week will show up...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• AK Aries, yep im that same person! they wont induce me because the baby is too small they said..but if the growth has stopped or slowed i wonder if thats what theyll do..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow if i were you being 38 weeks along i would demand that they induce you. There is no reason why they shouldn't. I had my second baby at 38 weeks and she is doing perfectly well. If i were you and your dr keeps being dumb i would get seen by another dr cause if ur baby is no longer growing i think that they would be getting her out and not making you wait a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I just watched something on tv about this. What they are probably going to do is test to see if the baby's lungs are developed enough to deliver it. When a baby stops growing inside there is really no point for them to be in there any longer so doctors usually want to get them out right away so they can get better care if they need it. However the lungs are always the last thing to develop and the most critical if there is a problem with. So if they think the baby needs more time in there to develop his/her lungs...which I doubt since you are already 38 weeks...then they might give them a little more time. But if they are ready to go then I would imagine they are going to induce you and get that baby out right away. Don't be afraid. If you've made it this far you are going to be fine.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• THEY CALLED YOU AT MIDNIGHT?!?! WHAT KINDA OF DOCTOR CALLS YOU ABOUT TEST RESULTS AT MIDNIGHT? And then tells you they'll get another ultrasound in a week?! That stumps me... I would think that if they think it's okay to wait a week for another ultrasound, they must not be too concerned of immediate trouble. They're probably just trying to decide the best route to procede with (induction over waiting it out). They don't try to induce before 39 weeks if they don't have to because the baby has increased chances of complications (i.e troubles breathing). Yes, I had my baby at 37 weeks (my water broke so I had to be induced) and he was okay, although jaundice, but that may not be the same for the next person. There have been many studies done on inducing before 39 weeks and have all pretty much come to the same conclusions.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 11:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well, WHAT HAPPENED WAS, My boyfriend had a missed call on his cell phone from the OBGYN, my aunt had called and left a message on my phone telling me the doctors were trying to get ahold of me and called my mom, AND on my cell phone i had a missed call from the Radiologist...

So i had called the OBGYN back...and they asked if they could back later and i told them ANYTIME is fine and i normally dont fall asleep til about 1:30am

so im fine with them calling me at midnight because thats 3 phones i got and i was soooo worried...

MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• at about 35 weeks i was informed that my ds stomach was really small they said too small and his weight was low. by 36 1/2 weeks they said he hadnt progressed enough and that my fluid was low. so they decided that right at 37 weeks they'd induce. my son was born 5lbs 4 oz and is now 8 months old over 20 lbs and eats like 2 teenage boys are in his stomach. he is active and very smart. so do not worry until they are sure something is wrong she could just be taking a break every baby has extreme growth spurts and slow growth times and even doctors cant be sure of what will happen. Im sure you will have a happy healthy child. my prayers will be with you. god bless and have faith the lord will keep your baby safe
    Autumnleaves09

Answer by Autumnleaves09 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009