how is it to have the first kid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are meaning emotionally, it is the best thing (next to my second son) that has ever happened to me.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's wonderful and amazing.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• What are you referring this too? The labor? Having a child in general? The difficulties in being a parent, the struggles you are faced with? Random acts of rudeness from complete strangers about how you parent your child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Hard, all of them are. The first usually takes a bit longer but not by much. And as soon as he/she is born you forget all about the pain and it is all over, recovery is easy for a vaginal birth. It cant hurt that bad or everyone would stop at 1.0.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• what do you mean?

Becka is my first born. Pregnancy was a little rough, but over all enjoyable. My birth experience wasn't as good as it should have been. My OB at the time was very intervention happy and I was so naive. I trusted him, and it was a bad choice. Going home was amazing. I love my daughter, although it can be rough. She developed a food sensitivity and was a very high needs baby. She stopped sleeping at all during the day at 2 months old, and needed to be held a lot, etc. It was her personality. I tried to listen to everyone's advice, nothing worked, so I began to follow my heart. After that things got easier.

Being a new mom meant a lot of decisions to research, breastfeeding/vaccinating, etc. Decisions I normally just thought were "normal" things to do I began researching and realizing they didn't have to be done (formula feeding, vaccinating, etc).

It's been an amazing experience and a joy. She's 2 now!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• its awesome all around awesome everything about it, you will understand when you lock eyes with your little one, and enjoy your labor as oddly as that sounds i got robbed of it twice by c sections and i feel just like that, robbed!!! dont be scared just excited
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 11:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my labor was terrible (27 hours then c section) but it's totally worth it when you see your little one. i only have one but i gotta believe that as far as parenting goes it's gotta be better the second time. i had no idea what to do with a baby. i was like....it's crying...what do i do lol
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009