I figured id ask an "already mommy" incase this has happened to her too =[

So lastnight at midnight I got a call from the doctor telling me theyre concerned about my baby. (Im 38weeks pregnant) They said that by my 37week ultrasound, it looks like my baby has either stopped growing inside of me...or her growing is slowing down...

They said theyre going to do some tests and give me another ultrasound next week. Im scared out of my mind. I couldnt sleep lastnight, its been on my mind since they told me...

So What does this mean will happen if her growing has stopped or slowed down?
She's not going to die is she!?!?!? ='( ='( ='(
and if not, what do you think they'll do? =(

This is my first baby! i dont wanna lose my first or any for that matter

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 11:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're considered full term so why do they want to do more tests? As hard as it is you shouldn't stress. That's only harder on the baby. Just a deep breath and say a prayer. Good luck. I hope she will be ok
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• At this stage in the pregnancy, I wouldn't worry much. If she stops growing, it's likely that they will induce labor. If she is still growing, but just at a slower rate, I'd guess they might let her come on her own, as long as she is otherwise healthy. Keep in mind that I'm not a medical professional, and this is all just my opinion. Call your doctor, and ask what they will be doing in either case.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's possible baby just doesn't have room to grow any more and they need to induce or that the ultrasound is wrong.

I'm shocked they called at midnight!! Why weren't these doctors looking into this information when the ultrasound was done ( i assume a week ago by your question)

I know it's hard, but try not to worry about it. Worry and stress are not good for a pregnancy.

Growth rate typically slows at 37 weeks anyway. Do you still feel movement?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• barely...i have to drink like 2 cans of soda and then like...5 hours later ill finally feel movement
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• good luck with everything. If it were real urgent they would probably get you in right away so since they gave you a little time things must not look too bad (to them of course, you on the other hand have every right to worry)
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 1:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009