Demjanjuk Tries Again to Avoid Germany

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-demjanjuk-deportation-latest,0,304049.story

Do you think he should be allowed to stay because of his age and health? I do not. I have been following this for years and he deserves to go. He did not think twice before he helped torture and kill those men, women and children!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He should be deported and tried. His family knew who he was and think the world should just forget the atrocities he helped with. All of my grandmothers family were slaughtered because of men like Demjanjuk. He does not deserve to stay in the USA with his family. He deserves to die alone in a prison. It will still be far more humane that how my uncle died. He was ripped from my grandmothers arms at birth and experimented on until he died. My great grandparents were herded into what they thought was a shower and were gassed and then burned in pile like garbage. My grandmother had to help pile the bodies for burning and saw her parents. She saw her sisters be gang raped by soldiers. She watched all of her siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins be taken away knowing she would never see them again. She is the lone survivor of her family. This monster deserves to not have his family around in his final moments.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have mixed feelings about this. I recently learned of this a few weeks ago and I agree that he deserves to be tried because of his actions many years ago but at the same time I feel sorry for his family. I wish there was a way he could serve his time here in the U.S. so that his family could still visit him but on the other hand the people he killed never got to see their families again. And then on the other hand we really don't know exactly what happened (or at least I haven't read about it). He could have done what he was told to do in order to keep his family safe. I know that is still not right if that was the case but this is why I am still on the fence about it. Do you have any other links so I can find out more info?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• His family cannot be much better than him if they are still speaking to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• So let me ask you, if he had to make a choice...torture those people, or he or his family dies, (this is most likely the case....it's wrong to assume EVERYONE wanted to torture like that)......and he chose to save himself/family...would you still think he was wrong and should be deported? What would you do/have done, if you were in his shoes??????? I would do WHATEVER it takes to keep my child safe.....
    Anonymous

• Well that is a hypothetical question. It will never be an IF. We are talking about thousands of people he helped torture and kill. That is SICK. Even if he did do those things as you say he may have, it is still WRONG.

Anonymous

I think he had a choice and chose to kill people and help torture them. It is disgusting anyone thinks he should get a break. I would not kill innocent children to save my own. Sorry I can say that honestly. This guy did not have children then anyway he was a younger man. So that is a lie he is trying to get out there. He helped killed thousands of people he deserves to be tried. No one can make anyone kill. It is always a choice and a choice he should have to pay for. 6 million died because of creeps like him.
    Anonymous

• Cont

6 million also died because of attitudes like anon 9:25
    Anonymous

• To Anon @ 8:49. What happened to your grandmother was terrible, it can never be forgiven or undone, and NO ONE should ever have to suffer in that way ever again. However if the positions had been reversed, do you think that just maybe she would have killed this man and his family if she thought or knew that it would prevent the unspeakable tragedy that befell her and her family?

Anonymous

• Quoting: "So let me ask you, if he had to make a choice...torture those people, or he or his family dies, (this is most likely the case....it's wrong to assume EVERYONE wanted to torture like that)......and he chose to save himself/family...would you still think he was wrong and should be deported? What would you do/have done, if you were in his shoes??????? I would do WHATEVER it takes to keep my child safe..... "

Quoting because my time is different than the other ones posted! But, if you read the articles, it says he met his wife in a holding camp- which would be AFTER he tortured and murdered people. He didn't have a family he was trying to protect as an excuse. He did it, he needs to live with the consequences. I think it's time for him to go- he's overstayed his time here already!

And yes, comment back. I'm not afraid of my opinion and am not anon!
    ryras_mommy

Answer by ryras_mommy at 1:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009