Im about 20 weeks now. And I worry myself because Im not sure if I really feel the baby move yet. Sometimes I think I do. But Im scared Im just confusing it with gas.....When do you really start feeling somthing? Should I be worried.

shay33069

Asked by shay33069 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was about the same as you, felt "something" at 20 weeks or so but it was another week or two before I could actually say, yeah this is it. Before that it was, wel it could be, but I dont know. It is probably your baby and not gas.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• everyone's different, but if this is your first then you probly won't feel your baby until about 25 weeks. that's around the time i felt my first. when i knew for sure anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am 22 weeks pregnant with my first and around 18 weeks I thought I was feeling something, but like you, didn't believe it was the baby. Well within a week or 2 yes I could definitely confirm it was my baby boy moving around. Now I feel him all the time. It varies for each person but usually with your first baby you can feel them anywhere from 17-23 weeks. Don't be worried! If you think you are feelings things it probably won't be long till you are sure its your baby!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• "Kick Counting" is not a valid method of determining fetal wellbeing until you are somewhere between 24-28 weeks. Before 24-28 weeks, your baby just isn't big enough move in places that will be felt consistently. Therefore, if you don't feel your baby moving too often, it is nothing to panic about :-) ? It is completely normal.

If you feel "flutters" below your belly button, it most likely isn't gas. It's the baby moving :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• When I first felt my son kick, I knew it was him. At first it did kinda feel like gas, but then it got to be more defined taps coming from inside of your tummy. They feel weird at first, but I'm sure you'll soon be able to tell whether it's gas or kicks. Good Luck and Congrats! (=
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh, and I felt mine around 21 weeks.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I didn't feel my son until about 24-26 weeks. After that, they don't stop moving! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i never feel gas so if you feel something it's most likely your baby.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I didn't really feel my baby kicking until 24 weeks or so. I did however feel what I thought to be gas and then realized the location probably made it fetal. Now he never stops kicking I swear.
    NotVeryClever

Answer by NotVeryClever at 2:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009