call me the stupid sounding board

my friend keeps calling. she figured out that i was looking at caller id andshe is calling on cell phones... she calls to make sure that my daughter isnt playing with the neighbor daughter.i dont get what she is doing.she calls me and asks me all about the mother and daughter.this mom is quiet and keeps to herself.the thing is she doesnt want her daughter playing with mine she keeps calling me about this other family.i have my own issues i dont need hers yet i dont want to bash her .she asks me why this girl isnt playing with her daughter any more then yells at me saying my daughter is playing exclusive ly with her.this is so stupid.i have stayed out of the neigbor hood drama.what do i say to this woman.i want to know why she isnt letting her daughter play with mine and also why she is lying to me about this.i know its no big deal but i dont know how to tell her how to f&*k off nicely and that i know whats shes doing.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• this mom that is quiet that i talk about is the one my friend is calling about..i dont think she thinks my daughter is good enough.. i dont know.she brought my daughter out into a pond in a canoe and questioned her about my family knowing my daughter couldnt swim....thanks ......
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Sounds like you just need to tell her and if she just can't get it, stop talking to her.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Tell your friend to ask her, its not your deal ,if she has a big problem with it, tell her to confront the mom not you
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• She sounds too whacko in my opinion. And she's trying to be controlling too. Too much drama. Tell her what you told us. You just have to be honest and then tell her to back off.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Trying to suck you into the drama much?? I don't think there is any better way of telling her than to just come straight out and say what you need to say.
    And from your second post.... there is NO way in hell I would let my child around this adult ever again. That's messed up.
    Just shut her down by telling her that it's not your place to speak for another mother and that she'll have to get her answers from the horses mouth - so to speak.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• So basically she's upset because she thinks your daughter stole her friend... sheesh...
    We can't choose our kids friends unfortunately. This woman needs to stay out of it and let the kids just all work out their own thing... and as for ANY person taking my child out in a boat of any kind, especially if she coudlnt' swim, I'd be oen pissed off Mom! If that woman took my kid out there all alone or did the questioning... I'd likely go over there and tell her I've got a little while, let's sit down and you can just ask ME all of the questions you want to know, I've nothing to hide... get to asking or I'll start talking!
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009