Has anyone ever used the prescription Ondansetron (generic form of zofran) For Morning Sickness??

If so, did you have any side effects?

Bella05

Asked by Bella05 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah I did, but I was told I was an exception and they are rare. It wasnt anything horrible, but it made me really really tired and dizzy if I stood up. I already had another little one to takec care of and I stopped taking the medicine it was easier for me to throw up all day then to be dizzy and tired, like I was high on something, I hated it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Zofran doesnt' really have any side effects that are common. I didn't know that they now give it to pregger women. It works really good, without making you drowsy. I've had it numerous times after surgeries
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i havent takent hat one but i have taken phenergan and it worked great for me .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• IT GAVE ME MIGRAINES AND MADE ME DIZZY AND TIRED...BUT NOTHING THAT THE BOTTLE DOESNT TELL YA! tHE WARNINGS ARE HEADACHES, DIZZINESS, AND DROWSINESS. LOL
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I took it and i did get a few headaches but it helped so much I didn't care lol I had hyperemisis though...
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my dr gave me reglan for morning sickness after i ended up in the ER dehydrated from throwing up so much. but morning sickness is normal and you shouldn't really take pills unless it's severe.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was on Zofran before I became pregnant, for acid reflux, and loved it. My doctor then put me on Phenergan (sp) because it's cheaper. I don't like this nearly as much... it made me feel a little more sick! So, last week, I told my doctor that we are going on a cruise and I was concerned about getting motion sickness. He put me on Zofran again. Zofran really works for me
    Cookie1124

Answer by Cookie1124 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yes, i have been prescribed ondansetron twice during this pregnancy. the first time, i was about 10 weeks and it made me really dizzy. it was so bad that i thought i would fall and hurt myself, so i stopped taking it. then, i was prescribed it again when i was about 22 weeks because i had become severely dehydrated and throwing up constantly. the 2nd time, i didn't have any side effects. so i think it's effects depend on the time that you take it, during your pregnancy.
    charmbracelet84

Answer by charmbracelet84 at 2:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009