Can babies or little children see ghosts? Im dead serious ok.

My mom and grandma used to tell me that all the time, even that the dogs can also. Last night and the night before my son kept pointing at the ceiling a looking into space saying the word "boo". Then hell come jump on the bed with me and look in that same direction pointing. The other night he was standing in my bedroom door looking the hallway, {just looking}. I don't like it all and I definitely don't like the fact of a ghost being in our house.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 11:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The giggles and humming continued until DH and I married and moved to our current home.

Here, we again feel a presence. There have been strange things happen. My daughter (now 5) has spoken of an "old lady" that will stand in her room sometimes. She told me that she doesn't think the lady is mean, but she does scare her a little. My son, who is 18 months, will sometimes wake up screaming at night. As soon as I pick him up, he quiets and goes back to sleep.

I am an empath, and have been able to sense spirits for years. My feeling is that she is a sad lady, but she likes us. I also have a feeling that she is drawn to my children for a specific reason.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Tell it to go away and it's dead and to go to the other side. Have you ever watched Sylvia Browne?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well if your son isn't scared, then you shouldn't be either. I've always believe that children can see spirits because they are soo innocent. My kids used to stare into space and just giggle. I always figured their Angels were playing with them
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Anon 11:38 are you serious? because I'm not playing.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yes I believe kids can see them and so can dogs more than adults can. I had a friend just tell me the other day that her son when he was about 4 had an amagenary friend and he could tell you what this friend was wearing and the clothes were from the 1800's and 1900's he is 8 now. She said he use to talk to his friend all the time and once they moved out of that house his friend was gone he didn't have that friend anymore so she believes he seen a ghost. She said the house she lived in she found out a year after living there that the house that was there burnt down with a family in it and they had a little boy then they rebuilt a house on top of that property. It scares me because my daughter has a fake friend lol. But I believe dogs and kids see things that us adults don't see
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow mommy5409
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I've always believed that children and dogs especially, can either see or pick up the presence of something ghost-like better than the rest of us. Their minds are just more in tune with things like that because they do not know. The next time your son does that...ask him what he's looking at and if he sees anything. I have also heard that if you think you see a ghost or hear something and you are not afraid than it is a relative. But if you are scared and get chills than it is not someone you know and that he/she is there to cause a problem.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I believe they can. We lived in a haunted house before we bought our house and my daughter was 2 1/2 when we moved out of there (she's 3 now). She would always be yelling at something to leave her alone and those are my toys. When we drive past that house she says, " I don't like that house, there is a ghost in there!" She has also told us what the boy looked like and his name (Corey) and that he was blue/white and slept with my mommy and cried all the time. Other than the things she did there were numorous other occurances in that house...doors opening and closing, lights being on in the attic, a space heater coming on in the middle of the night, foot steps running up and down the stairs...I could go on and on...
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 11:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Aw come on, so basically its possible that he could be looking at a ghost?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yea, we have them here too. They are quite for the most part, but one turned on my paper shredder about amonth ago, I was NO where near it to accidently turn it on. And we've had salt shakers flying off the table, but nothing major
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009