What method have you found helpful??

My husband was raised catholic. I was raised christian. We got married-not in a church because we couldn't come to an aggrement in which. We now have three children. I want to raise them with the belief of god. But I don't want to influence them one way or the other. Anyone in our boat? We want to do the right thing. We aren't even practicing our religion faithfully. We don't attend church. Can there be a balance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh yeah of corse there can. My husband and I dont go to church, and I was raised catholic, he christian. Our kids know about God, and Jesus, and the religious significance behind the holiday's, they are well balanced and definitely believe in God, and are very Christ natured in things they do. Just live the way you want to raise them, you can teach them about God just as well if not at a better level of understanding , as a church can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• WE WERE NEVER PRACTICING CATHOLICS BUT I WANTED MY KIDS TO LEARN ABOUT GOD SO I WENT WITH CHRISTIANS SCHOOLS THAT WOULD LET THEM READ THE BIBLE AND MAKE THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS. THEY WERE BAPTIZED AND DID THEIR FIRST COMUNION, AFTER THAT THE SCHOOLS THEY WENT TO GAVE THEM A FOUNDATION TO GO WITH AND WHEN THEY REACHED ADULTHOOD, THEY MADE THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS CHOICES BASED ON WHAT WAS TAUGHT. MY SON WHO IS THE YOUNGEST ONE IS THE ONE CLOSES TO GOD, BUT ALL THREE HAVE TURNED OUT TO BE GOD LOVING PEOPLE WITH A LOT OF COMPASSION FOR THEIR FELLOW MEN.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Catholics are Christians. I believe your question related to Catholic or Protestant. How can you possible raise children to believe in G-d without influencing them? That belief alone is an influence. Make a decision and move forward.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am going through a similar situation.
    I couldn't tell you except to pray to God and ask him. Only he knows.
    Anonymous