Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I become a parent advocate?

I want to help other parents develop the backbone I did when going up against the school system. I want to help special needs and gifted children.

right now it seems to be the known advocate is through the county but she did nothing to help my child. She let them sugar coat everything. I want to stand up for kids. Any ideas on how to get my name out there or do I have to be certified?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Seriously, contact the school district's special education department. They can tell you what the qualifications are for your area. They may differ from area to area.

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • i would like to do that to i think you need some sort of not sure.

    Answer by raineydays377 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.