How do I become a parent advocate?

I want to help other parents develop the backbone I did when going up against the school system. I want to help special needs and gifted children.

right now it seems to be the known advocate is through the county but she did nothing to help my child. She let them sugar coat everything. I want to stand up for kids. Any ideas on how to get my name out there or do I have to be certified?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Seriously, contact the school district's special education department. They can tell you what the qualifications are for your area. They may differ from area to area.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i would like to do that to i think you need some sort of schooling.im not sure.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009