Have you tried this? (For green thumbs only)

lol...I have heard and read that if you put banana peelings in your soil of your rose bushes they will grow healthy and beautiful. Is this true?

How about the coffee grounds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Both are good items for composting. Just cut the peels up small before you scatter them since you aren't actually composting them when you put them around the plants like this.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• They work great! And coffee grounds attract beneficial earthworms!!
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 1:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• coffee grounds, all veg. peels, anything that will decompose, no animal matter, no bones.
    Anonymous

• I used to use both in mine... and I also had my washing machine (only washing machine) drain going to my rose garden too (soap is great for plants as long as you don't drown them)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I know that egg shells are good for calcium for tomato plants, so maybe roses need calcium too?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I save my banana peels in a zipper bag in the freezer. When they freeze they shatter, so I just crush them up and mix them into the ground before I set the root ball of the new plant in there. Tomato plants do really good with banana peels too!
    witchymommaCNY

Answer by witchymommaCNY at 1:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009